Luceco are proud to now offer Building Information Modelling (BIM) files as downloadable files for a wide range of their products.
Luceco has recently launched a suite of BIM Files created in Revit, covering their range of commercial LED luminaires. This now enables their clients to download the information they require to aid the design process and create Building Models.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a collaborative way of working intended to increase the speed of the construction industry, using digital technologies. BIM uses product data and a three dimensional computer model that can be used for effective management of information throughout a project lifecycle. The UK government issued a target date of the 4th April 2016 for all centrally procured public sector projects to have implementation of BIM at Level 2. Furthermore, October 3rd, 2016 will mark each government department’s capability to electronically validate BIM information delivered from the supply chain.
Historically the construction industry has been segmented, with various disciplines working on completely separate drawings with little cross communication which can result in issues developing during the build phase. The concept of BIM brings all the disciplines together with the goal of having one building model that everyone works to, saving millions of pounds and speeding up the construction process.
Luceco BIM files are created using Autodesk Revit, which is one of the most common pieces of software for this application. Therefore, files are becoming commonly referred to as Revit files. Revit files are not necessarily BIM files.
What are the benefits?
- Less rework and duplication of work
- Simulate and visualise any product or project
- Better informed decisions
- Resolve conflict e.g. interference, collisions
- Sequence steps of the project
- Knowledge transfer between all parties
- Be able to present the product or project scope, steps and final outcome
- Take it where you need it (online databases or clouds)
Why does this matter?
- All files in one place that are correct without duplications
- Gives us the ability to hand over to other trades
- Photometric data readily available
- Contractor obtains all product specifications through one file
Possible contents of the BIM file
- Luminaire Lumens
- Luminaire Efficiency
- Correlated Colour Temperature (CCT)
- Energy Rating
- Catalogue Number/Part Code
You will see BIM files as downloads listed in the "Downloads" section on a wide range of our product pages, and also on the Downloads page. This .zip file contains the BIM file, and the accompanying .ies lighting data files for the relevant product.