The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund
The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund is offering a capital contribution of 30% of the project cost (up to a max of £10,000) to
small and medium sized businesses, who could benefit from financial support when buying energy saving equipment. *
This could mean up to £10,000 towards new lighting for your offices or warehouse to help you rise to the challenge of becoming a greener business.
This support is available for a limited period on a first come, first served basis for small and medium sized businesses (companies with fewer than 250 employees) in England,
Scotland and Wales.
*subject to criteria; terms and conditions apply
Register with the Carbon Trust
How does it work?
- You should make your application for a captial contribution online, via The Carbon Trust website, once you have a proposal you wish to take forward from a Carbon Trust Accredited Supplier such as Luceco.
- You must register your interest before any materials are purchased or work started and demonstrate a payback of fewer than 5 years, Luceco can help with energy saving calculations that can be used with your application.
- The Carbon Trust will review the application and if applicable, make an offer to you within 10 working days so you can then contract the supplier, who can conduct the work.
- Once you can demonstrate the work is complete, The Carbon Trust transfer the funds straight to you.
- The Carbon Trust cannot retrospectively fund projects already contracted or installed.
- The fund is only available to SME’s not large corporations
- To support an application The Carbon Trust will need a quotation, invoice and commissioning certificate documentation from the equipment supplier to ensure payment.
- The fund will pay out on a weekly basis so no long wait to receive payment
- Other funding such as interest free loans etc., can still be used and Enhanced Capital Allowances still claimed
- Online application process – quick and easy to use, available until fund exhausted
- Capital contribution of 30% of the project cost (up to a max of £10,000)
- Free lighting design service and technical support, as well as assistance with your application